I've pondered writing this post, writing the post that is going to move my beautiful baby down the page is not an easy one. Actually writing here at all isn't easy.
I wish I had the gift for writing that I often see on other blogs, but this blog was never about my (lack of) writing skill. This blog was a fluffy happy place to come and share my love of sewing and crafts.
I'd imagined writing my birth announcement, and sharing all the outfits I'd planned to make with that stash of girly fabrics I'd been saving just in case.
As I showered hastily while Woody washed Florence (she had very kindly pooped all over both of us), I excitedly composed that birth announcement in my head. I didn't know that only moments later we'd be speeding to hospital in an ambulance...
I miss my beautiful baby girl more than anyone will ever know, we all do.
I sewed this dress for her just three days after she died. I barely remember sewing it, but I knew I wanted my precious girl to be wearing something Mummy made for our goodbyes.
Florence was buried on 7th August in a beautiful grave side service.
".....One moonlight night, the fairies came
flying in at the window, and brought her
such a pretty pair of wings, that she could
not help putting them on: and she flew with
them out of the window, and over the land,
and over the sea, and up through the clouds..."
from "The Water Babies" by Charles Kingsley